Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#265511 - 05/29/09 03:45 PM Re: 216 "Old/New" Styles for AUDYA
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
No offense Nedim. But I can create the styles I need better than you or AJ or anyone on this forum. And this is not being cocky. I am Portuguese you are not. I know exactly how I want my styles to sound. At the same token you can create Turkish syles way better than me.

What we need are the tools to create these styles which Audya does not have at this time

I agree with you, you are completely right but i was trying to make another point, not that.
My point is that you tried every Handle to put it on the EGG...meaning, no matter how
good it will get you wont buy one, the ones that buy are not here and already have theirs.

#265512 - 05/29/09 03:46 PM Re: 216 "Old/New" Styles for AUDYA
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
What's the point of playing a file on audya from sd1 if it does not have audio?

Well you buy a 50 000$ Truck/Kamion and then drive material to your house with the car.
Leave the Truck parked in the backyard...thats the point...lol.

#265513 - 05/29/09 06:09 PM Re: 216 "Old/New" Styles for AUDYA
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think you underestimate how many would buy an Audya (or MS, or Wersi, etc.) if it actually DID what it was supposed to...

I would have an MS right now if it did what the best arrangers already do, and THEN added the VSTi features. I would already have an Audya if it streamed multiple channels of audio and responded to ALL the chords, allowed you to edit styles, create new ones and easily import new drum grooves and other guitar libraries. Oh, and easy import of Akai libraries and had the 512MB RAM that was initially announced.

I would be HAPPY to pay even these inflated prices for something that already did everything my current arranger can do, then ADDED all the extras... Sadly, to get these machines, you have to give up considerably features to get the new ones. None of them come without some considerable loss. Yet cost a lot MORE. And I might even have an Audya if it was priced the same as a T3, given that I would be gaining some things, and losing others. But I can't justify paying a fortune for something that doesn't even do what my POS outdated Roland does

The time to start telling people what they will and won't buy is when there is a compelling reason why they SHOULD buy something, and they still don't...

#265514 - 05/29/09 08:24 PM Re: 216 "Old/New" Styles for AUDYA
to the genesys Offline

The point is, whether justified or not, most persons on the forum would not buy an Audya the way it is now.

Its just like most persons would not buy a T3 the way it is now.

#265515 - 05/29/09 08:54 PM Re: 216 "Old/New" Styles for AUDYA
Diki Offline

Well, there's a heck of a lot more people buying T3's 'the way they are' than Audya's!

I guess the way it is is good enough...

Admittedly, the T3 is but an incremental improvement over the revolutionary T2, so fewer T2 users felt the need to upgrade immediately, and most of those that chose something other than the T2 didn't see anything new enough to change their minds from the last decision they made to not get a Yamaha. But anyone coming in cold to Yamaha for the first time got themselves a pretty damn good piece of gear, with few bugs (no dealbreakers) and no 'missing' features. And at little more than the T2 cost, unlike the SD-1/Audya hike in price.

Oh yes, and still roughly $1500 less

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 05-29-2009).]

#265516 - 05/29/09 10:18 PM Re: 216 "Old/New" Styles for AUDYA
to the genesys Offline

The point being again is that for most there were deal breakers for not getting a T3 i.e. no 76 keys, no true sampler, lackluster drums ….

And for most there are deal breakers for them not getting an Audya no sampler, no style editing, price ….

The same thing goes for persons not getting the G70 when it first came out. Terrible sounds and styles, too heavy, no hard drive, no MP3 play back or recording ….

#265517 - 05/29/09 10:28 PM Re: 216 "Old/New" Styles for AUDYA
Diki Offline

Main difference being that Yamaha never promised 76 keys or a 'true' sampler, Roland never promised light weight or mp3's, and DOES have a HD (and your opinion of the T3 and G70's sounds and styles is solely that ), but that Ketron promised the moon when the Audya was announced...

Multiple streaming audio, multitasking, full Akai compatible sampler with 512MB RAM, full editing, user audio import...

Then didn't fully deliver.

That's, as far as I am concerned, a BIG difference.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 05-29-2009).]

#265518 - 05/29/09 11:56 PM Re: 216 "Old/New" Styles for AUDYA
ccantanapoli Offline

Loc: South Carolina, USA
We must put this in perspective. What category you belong to?
There are 3 types of 'owners' for this market:
1) The collector
2) The home player
3) The professional

For the collector, any one keyboard is good, but the price must be right. He will wait for the drop in price...nu rush...

The home player needs something like the T3...the looks of the organ...lights, big screen...cozy looking and does not matter how long it will take to set up next song.

The professional must have a keyboard with a modern look, fast to get to next song and versatile. Price does not matter; it is a tool and get you more work then is worth.

Cantanapoli

#265519 - 05/30/09 12:19 AM Re: 216 "Old/New" Styles for AUDYA
Diki Offline

So YOU say....

Most pros I know care a LOT how expensive something is, especially something that doesn't work as well as something cheaper... But we don't give a damn what it looks like, as long as it does the job. Pay the rent, feed the kids, get us re-booked.

#265520 - 05/30/09 01:02 AM Re: 216 "Old/New" Styles for AUDYA
Nedim Offline

All i care about is which synth is mostly used and nothing beats Korg for now, if i dont know
that already noone else will, unless the R and Y
users dont need styles and sounds.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online